Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of these terms and conditions any reference to 'Pali' means Pali Ltd, any Pali Franchise and any search agencies, associates or employees used during the course of legitimate business. Report means any Search or Information prepared in respect of the property. Property means the address or location supplied by the Customer or Client in the Order for the report. The Local Authority means the local authority referred to in the report. Customer means the person, company, partnership or other organisation placing an Order either on their own behalf as a Client, or as an agent for the client. Client means the seller, buyer, potential buyer and lender in respect of the Property who is the intended recipient of the report and has an actual or potential interest in the property. We, us and our are references to Pali. You and Your are references to the Customer.
- Pali provides information and services relating to Property Searches carried out on properties in England and Wales only. In providing search reports and services Pali will comply with the Search Code
- Search requests must be made via www.paliltd.com, fax, email or post/DX. A full postal address and location plan is required. If no plan is supplied Pali will accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the search which result from this.
- All of Pali's third party organisations and search agencies work to the same contract and service level agreements.
- Pali aims to return all search results within ten working days. However, this may not always be feasible due to appointment systems or other reasons outside of Pali's control. Pali will not accept liability for any loss, financial or otherwise, incurred by the client, as result of delayed search results.
- Search reports remain the property of Pali until agreed terms have been fulfilled.
- Pali reserves the rights to withhold results until payment has been received.
- Each search is deemed to be an individual contract governed by English Law.
- Pali will be liable for any negligent or incorrect interpretation of the records searched.
Pali Ltd is an Appointed Representative of CLS Risk Solutions Limited which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Pali provides insurance products available from CLS. Insurers which CLS may place business with can be viewed on their capacity page https://clsl.co.uk/about-us#. You will be fully responsible for all premiums payable for insurance products that are ordered on Your account.
- If sums due on Your account are not paid within 14 days of the date of invoice issue, CLS will be entitled, at its sole discretion, to cancel insurance products ordered through Your account.
- Where insurance Products are cancelled due to non-payment, CLS will notify the insured of the cancellation directly.
- Any insurance premiums received by Pali from You will be held as an agent of the insurer by reason of risk transfer. If You pay a premium to Pali it will be treated as being received by the insurer(s). It also means that if the insurer(s) returns premiums to Pali which we fail to forward to You, the insurer(s) will still be liable to You.
- For insurance products, Pali acts as agent for the insurer with whom the risk is placed and receives a percentage commission from the insurer taken from the premium against gross written premium.
- You acknowledge and agree that: in order to purchase any Insurance products, You are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, an appointed representative (‘AR’) of an authorised firm or are registered as an Exempt Professional Firm (EPF);
- Both You and Pali shall pay due regard to, and co-operate in respect of the observance of any applicable financial crime and international economic, financial or trade sanctions laws and regulations which bind You or Pali;
- neither party shall take any action which facilitates the evasion of taxes anywhere in the world or which is contrary to any related financial crime laws and regulations (including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the Criminal Finances Act 2017).
- neither party shall be involved in the offering, promising or giving of any financial or other advantage to any person in breach of any laws and regulations against bribery (including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the Bribery Act 2010).
- the parties shall insofar as required to do so, and whether or not any Party is an associated person of another for the purposes of the Bribery Act 2010, the Criminal Finances Act 2017 or any other relevant laws and regulations, maintain on an ongoing basis appropriate systems, procedures and controls designed to prevent any breach of paragraphs 6. to 7. above;
In the event of a complaint contact Pali in the first instance. If we fail to resolve your complaint, then you should contact CLS and if they cannot resolve your complaint then contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on 0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 4567. For further information on complaints, please see below:
Information for customers
Information for customers
If you make a complaint and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs): Tel 01722 333306, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.tpos.co.uk. Or if your complaint is relating to an insurance matter then you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS); Tel 0800 0234 567, https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his final decision.
Complaints should be sent to:Customer Services,
2-4 Croxteth Avenue
Tel: 0151 691 1170
If you have a query or complaint about your search or insurance product you should raise it directly with Pali, and if appropriate ask for any complaint to be considered under our formal internal complaints procedure If you make a complaint and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (website www.tpos.co.uk, email: email@example.com). Or the Financial Ombudsman Service. https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help. We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with their final decision. The Ombudsman can award compensation of up to £5,000 to you if they find that you have suffered actual loss as a result of your search provider failing to keep to the Code.
Please note that all queries or complaints regarding your search should be directed to your search provider in the first instance, not to TPOs, the FOS or to the PCCB.
TPOs Contact Details:
The Property Ombudsman scheme
43-55 Milford Street
Tel: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296
FOS contact details. Tel 0800 0234 567
Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR