What is your dream home?
If you could own your perfect home, what would it be? A cottage, a bungalow maybe, or perhaps something a little more extravagant like a canal boat or forest lodge! Well, this question was asked to members of the public via a survey on Ocean Finance’s website and believe it or not, the most popular choice was a detached house. One in five people who took the survey stated that their dream home would be a detached house compared to one in twenty that were a little more adventurous with their answers and chose a historic mansion or a castle.
The rest of the statistics are as follows; a chocolate box country cottage was chosen by 17% of the people who took part in the survey and most of those answers came from people who live in East Midlands and Yorkshire. 15% decided that they would like to live in a farmhouse which includes a plot of land and then 13% of people dreamed of owning a bungalow as their chosen dream home. Then the figures turn into single digits as 6.5% of people chose a flat as their ideal home, 5.6% decided a converted church or barn would be their dream home and 4.7% chose a townhouse situated near city.
What do you make of the above percentages? I think I would have to choose between a converted barn as long as it included a huge garden or the farmhouse with a plot of land, that would be my dream property to own.(0) Comments
- Wallasey pub set to be demolished and replaced with new housing
- Protests over 200 Million Pound Hoylake Golf Resort
- Wirral Council Buys Cinema for Seven Million Pounds in Bid to Help Struggling Town
- Invitation to Free Webinar on the Groundsure Homebuyers - including what to do next!
- From 1st March 2019 SDLT must be submitted and paid within 14 days of completion
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts