Major Mixed use Development being planned for Hindley
A major mixed use development is being considered by Wigan Council and Peel Land & Property at a 275 acre Brownfield site to the south of the existing town of Hindley. The outline planning application sees the delivery of up to 2,000 much needed new family homes, 35 acres of employment land and a new east-west link road.
The application also includes 100 acres of open area which will include play areas, sports pitches and natural space. Also forming part of the plan is improvements to footpaths, cycle tracks and public transport. There is a proposed new road through the site which will see the connection of the A58 Liverpool Road and the A578 Leigh Road at its junction with the North Leigh development site. This forms part of a series of interlinked roads to connect the M58 J26 (M6), to the A579 Atherleigh Way which is part of Wigan’s Transport Strategy.
The land was identified as a broad location for development within the adopted Wigan Core Strategy.
Public consultation sessions are being held in the local community throughout October 2016 to enable residents to learn more about the development and to voice their comments on the proposals.
To view the full proposal for South Hindley development please Click Here
Caroline Hymers Pali Warrington Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org(0) Comments
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts