Local Searches from 1947 & 1975
Have you ever wondered what a Local Search looked like more than 50 years ago? Whether the layout would be the same and how extensive the information would be compared to modern Local Searches? If so, you are in for a treat today!
My parents collected their deeds from storage a few weeks ago and after looking through the documents I stumbled across two Local Searches for the property. The first Local Search was dated back to 1947 when the land was purchased by the developer and the second was from 1975 when the house was sold to a local couple.
I also came across a Local Search application, structural survey and mortgage documentation which were fascinating to read. I have scanned both of the Local Searches and an application which can be viewed by clicking the links below.
What do you think of these Local Searches compared to the reports which are completed today?(0) Comments
- Wallasey pub set to be demolished and replaced with new housing
- Protests over 200 Million Pound Hoylake Golf Resort
- Wirral Council Buys Cinema for Seven Million Pounds in Bid to Help Struggling Town
- Invitation to Free Webinar on the Groundsure Homebuyers - including what to do next!
- From 1st March 2019 SDLT must be submitted and paid within 14 days of completion
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts