Lake District Mountain for sale
Blencathra is a mountain located in the Lake District which stands at 2,850ft high and is one of the most well-known landmarks of the area. This mountain is also known as ‘Saddleback’ because of the characteristic and unique drop of it's peak. Saddleback has an impressive summit where you can see as far as North Wales and even the Isle of Man on a clear day. Believe it or not, this mountain is up actually for sale.
So if you fancy purchasing this unique opportunity, here are the details. Blencathra can be yours for a £1.75million but unfortunately, there is very little you can do with this magnificent mountain because it is part of the Lake District National Park which prevents any development. This also means that walkers will always be allowed access to the slopes and freely roam however, the owner will earn a mere £1,000 a year in rent because there is a small hydroelectric plant at the bottom of the mountain.
Blencathra is being marketed by an estate agent but there will not be any for sale signs erected around the 2,677 acres and bidding is expected to end before July. So grab yourself an unusual investment opportunity, if you have a lot of spare cash!(0) Comments
- Plans To Build Homes On Green Belt At Popular Prenton Golf Course Causes Fury
- Marine Litter, What Is It And What It Does To The Environment
- Stamp Duty Has Fallen Within The Last Year By One Billion Pounds
- Has The Property Market In Your Area Been Affected By Brexit?
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts