Is your house on the right street?
According to Zoopla, if your house is on a street beginning with U it is worth around £25,000 more than the average house price in the UK! But, if your house is on a street beginning with Z then you are amongst the homeowners that own the lowest valued properties in the UK!
The most expensive street beginning with U is Upper Phillimore Gardens in Kensington, West London where the properties are worth around £5.6million. On the opposite end of the scales, the streets starting with the letter Z are worth around £180.046 which is a 5th less than the UK averages current average house price of £225,804.
The streets beginning with the letter T came in second place and the streets beginning with O, third. On the reverse end of the spectrum the streets beginning with J recorded the second lowest house prices on average as well as the letter A which was placed third.
Streets that begin with a consonant have an average house price of £222,789 which is a surprising £6,306 lower than those streets beginning with a vowel.
The advice from Zoopla is to choose your street wisely due to the massive difference of £70,000 on average between the letters of U and Z and £6,000 between the streets beginning with vowels and constantans!
Amanda McGovern, Pali Ltd
- Wallasey pub set to be demolished and replaced with new housing
- Protests over 200 Million Pound Hoylake Golf Resort
- Wirral Council Buys Cinema for Seven Million Pounds in Bid to Help Struggling Town
- Invitation to Free Webinar on the Groundsure Homebuyers - including what to do next!
- From 1st March 2019 SDLT must be submitted and paid within 14 days of completion
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts