Conveyancing Searches Illegal Charges
At last, Good News.
Jason Groves of the Daily Mail reports that Local Authorities in England are hoarding almost £11 billion in cash.
This is almost half the annual revenue from council tax.
Nick Small Snr of Pali Ltd states “About ten percent of this may have been taken by councils from private search companies over the past ten years for access to environmental information used by solicitors and conveyancers in conveyancing transactions.
Through the work done by private search companies and The Information Commissioners Office it has been proven that these charges were illegal.”
Nick further suggested that he was hoping that the New Year would see hundreds of envelopes from councils containing cheques for refunds of these illegal charges drop through the company letter box.
Nick said “Wouldn’t it be a lovely gesture and the councils wouldn’t even miss it. After all it’s our money.”
Happy New Year.
- Plans To Build Homes On Green Belt At Popular Prenton Golf Course Causes Fury
- Marine Litter, What Is It And What It Does To The Environment
- Stamp Duty Has Fallen Within The Last Year By One Billion Pounds
- Has The Property Market In Your Area Been Affected By Brexit?
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts