All hosepipe bans now lifted - no surprise there!
After the wettest June since records began in 1910 and the Met Office issuing red warnings for severe flooding across the country, the last four hosepipe bans have finally been lifted.
Sutton and East Surrey Water, South East Water, Veolia Water Southeast and Veolia Water Central have now removed all hosepipe restrictions, just in case you still need to water your garden plants.
Anglian Water, Southern Water and Thames Water removed their hosepipe bans last month after double the average rain fell during June.
The seven hosepipe bans were implemented at the beginning of April after two very dry winters which left some ground water supplies and rivers as low as the 1976 drought.
If you would like to read Pali’s previous blogs detailing the change from drought to flooding in the UK, please click on the links below;
And finally, if we suddenly experience a summer this year, here are Some simple water saving tips!(0) Comments
- Christmas Fundraising Event Supported By Pali Another Success!
- Webinars with Pali for 2019!
- Pali's own search technician shares interesting story on how she bought her house
- Pali's Christmas Shoe Box Appeal
- Pali Help Raise Funds For Christmas Charity Event
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts